Nuffield Scholarship Project (New Awards)
Release Date: Each February
Professional Accreditation: Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
Lead Organisation: IBERS, Aberystwyth University
This 40 credit module is only available to recipients of the Nuffield Farming Scholarship. The module runs for 2 years and comprises both taught elements and self directed study. It is designed to provide academic support to the Nuffield Scholar through the planning, exacution and presentation of their study tour. It also provides a route to postgraduate qualifications
Upon successful completion of this module students will be able to:
- Explain the current and future challenges facing the UK’s agri-food sector.
- Synthesise information from industry and peer reviewed literature.
- Compare the approaches taken to address specific challenges to the industry.
- Evaluate the extent to which new approaches and practices might be applied to UK based systems.
Feb-April Year 1
- Designing and Planning 1
- Scientific Reports
- Research Articles
- Writing and Referencing Styles
- Designing and Planning 2
- Data Organisation
- Data Characterisation
- Data Analysis
Feb-March Year 2
- Data Presentation
- Alternative Dissemination Methods
- Literature Review - 2000 words (20% of module marks)
- Report - 6000 words (65%)
- Presentation or other Dissemination Activity - 20 minutes or 2000 words (15%)
PGCert, PGDip or MSc in Sustainable Efficient Food Production
PGDip or MSc in Agrifood Innovation
|Dr Peter Wooton-Beard|