Release Date: Each February
Professional Accreditation: Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
Lead Organisation: IBERS, Aberystwyth University
This 40 credit module is only available to recipients of the Nuffield Farming Scholarship. The module runs for 12 months and aims to provide a route by which Nuffield Scholars who have already completed their report can build upon their study tour and work towards a postgraduate qualification.
Upon successful completion of this module students will be able to:
- Explain the current and future challenges facing the UK’s agri-food sector.
- Synthesise information from industry and peer reviewed literature.
- Compare the approaches taken to address specific challenges to the industry.
- Evaluate the extent to which new approaches and practices might be applied to UK based systems.
The module consists of 3 months of taught content followed by 9 months of self-directed study.
- Scientific Reports
- Research Articles
- Writing and Referencing Styles
- Data Organisation
- Data Characterisation
- Data Analysis
- Data Presentation
- Alternative Dissemination Methods
- Literature Review - 2000 words (20% of module marks)
- Report - 6000 words (65%)
- Presentation or other Dissemination Activity - 20 minutes or 2000 words (15%)
Qualifiactions within which this module may be used as an option:
- PGCert, PGDip or MSc in Sustainable Efficient Food Production
- PGCert, PGDip or MSc in Agri Food Innovation (subject to validation)